My Predictions for 2018
31 Dec 2017 at 09:00
I don’t know why, but last year I didn’t do any predictions for 2017, which was probably just as well, as I doubt any of them would have come true. Here are my predictive offerings for 2018.
1. There won’t be a general election in 2018.
2. Theresa May will still be Prime Minister on 31 December 2018.
3. The US and North Korea will engage in military action against each other this year.
4. Michel Barnier is sidelined by Jean Claude Juncker in the Brexit negotiations.
5. ITV commissions a further series of ‘After the News’.
6. Theresa May will conduct a reshuffle before the end of January, which will involve either Boris Johnson or Philip Hammond (or both) moving jobs.
7. Donald Trump will lose control of both Houses of Congress in the November midterm elections.
8. England will reach at least the semi-finals of the World Cup.
9. George Galloway is allowed to rejoin the Labour Party.
10. Russia Today loses its OfCom operating licence and is forced to shut down in the UK. Russia shuts down BBC transmissions in Russia in retaliation.